Kan Rock Tire has served the automotive needs of mid-Michigan families, individuals, and businesses for more than 60 years. Locally famous for its Rock Bottom Prices, Kan Rock Tire’s eight locations are full service automotive facilities that offer scheduled maintenance, repairs, and tire sales and service.
Leonard C. Roche and his wife, Helen, opened the first garage in Flint in 1951 and began emphasizing tire sales in 1965. They later added stores in the Flint area and expanded to locations in Bay City, Caro, Clio, Fenton, Lapeer, and Saginaw. Son, Tim, joined the successful family business in 1979 and later served as president.
The company was acquired by Monro Muffler Brake, Inc. in June 2014. The stores now operate under the Kan Rock Tire/Monro Auto Service Centers name. Monro is the largest independent automotive service chain in the United States, with 1,089 stores in 25 states, and the fourth largest independent tire dealer.
Kan Rock Tire combines exceptional local service with Monro’s national warranties and volume pricing on tires and replacement parts.